Thursday, July 31, 2008

Adventures on the Chūō-Sōbu Line

Last weekend I visited the Edo-Tokyo Museum and the Tokyo Dome.

From Japan - Edo T...


The Edo-Tokyo Museum has exhibits concerning the history and culture of Tokyo, including many impressive scale models. My favorite exhibit was about the history of books in Tokyo. Illustrators were more famous that authors, and until the late 1800's an author's only compensation was lunch from the publisher. Still, it's more than most aspirings authors get today.

From Japan - Tokyo...


I have decided that I am bad luck for Japanese baseball teams. The home team Tokyo Giants were losing 4-0 after 5 innings. My ticket was standing room only, and I didn't feel like standing around a packed stadium for another 4 innings of disappointing baseball. However, after I left the Giants offense came alive and they ended up winning 12-4. You're welcome Giants fans.

No comments: